Posted 12 months ago
Job Location: N/A
Underwriter is responsible for underwriting residential loans ensuring compliance with corporate and secondary market investor standards. underwriter is responsible for examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, rendering decisions and subsequent clearing of conditions to ensure credit guidelines are met.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform AUS or Manual underwriting of residential mortgage loans including a detailed review of the residential mortgage loan application and documentation as submitted to ensure loans meet agency and Client underwriting guidelines..
- Analyze borrower’s credit profile, collateral and capacity to repay the proposed mortgage obligation.
- Review property appraisal.
- Accurately calculate borrower’s income and debt-to-income ratios based on acceptable agency and company practices.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines.
- Document lending decisions and complete required screens in the Evolve underwriting system as well as adding and/or creating applicable conditions on the loan Decision letter .
- Review conditions submitted on loans and sign off on conditions where appropriate.
- Provide quality control responses in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 5 years experience in manual and automated underwriting
- FHA or VA experience required. Both Preferred.
- excellent written / oral communication skills
- proficient in underwriting of conventional and government mortgage products
- High attention to detail and effective problem solving
- prioritizing workload with ability to multitask in a high volume environment
- ability to contribute and work in a team environment
- Proficiency with loan origination systems, automated underwriting engines, imaging and other systems
- ability to work independently