Loan Closer and Funder
Posted 2 years ago
Job Location: N/A
Job Number: 0000788
To ensure that the expectations for day-to-day operations of the department are being met resulting in meeting or exceeding client satisfaction.
EMPOWERMENT (SCOPE OF AUTHORITY/DECISION-MAKING):
Empowerment is allowing you to take full responsibility for your job and to make decisions within certain boundaries once your leader thoroughly trains you.
You are empowered to make the following decisions:
- Approval timecards and time off request for loan closers
You must obtain approval before proceeding with the following decisions:
- Pipeline management
- Time off
- Hiring and termination of staff
KEY RESULT AREAS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Closing responsibilities
- Review the existing loan documentation
- Review loan approval
- High level data entry with attention to detail
- Expert experience with regulatory documents and TRID requirements
- Review loan file for TRID compliance from initial Loan Estimate to final Closing Disclosure
- Auditing loan packages prior to release to settlement agent
- Balancing Closing Disclosure with settlement agent prior to execution
- Review executed loan documents for funding authorization
- Review loan files for prior to funding conditions and clear as received
- Prepare funding authorization for warehouse line
- After loan funding, monitor post-closing environment for potential loan finding
- Effectively and regularly communicate with team leads and management
- Promptly replies to emails and answers phone calls, stays updated on all process/system changes, and ensures initial file reviews are completed daily; adheres to fluctuating file processing minimums as set by management.
- Ensures files and documents meet company, investor, and compliance requirements; confirms that documents are drawn within SLAs and consistently meet deadlines.
- Processes files; completes quality, salable loans with minimal errors.
- Communicate with 3rd party providers to request corrections and updates and to ensure timelines are being met.
- Team Management
- Approve timecards and time off request for loan closers.
- Continued development and training of loan closing staff.
- Participate with candidate interview process with recommendations for hire.
- Participate in progress discipline process.
- Adhere to the audit checklist and ensure that all items are met at the loan level
- If there are any questions about a document or compliance testing, send to Team Lead for a second review
- Implement Corporate Vision/Strategy
- Lead by example our CARS corporate philosophy
- Lead by example our CARS corporate philosophy
MEASUREMENTS OF SUCCESS
- Client Satisfaction
- Meeting contractual obligations of SLAs
- Meeting quality standards
- Meeting goals of department plans
- Meeting key productivity goals
- Employee engagement/satisfaction
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highschool or GED equivalent
- 4+ years of recent mortgage closing experience
- Proven, effective staff management skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent communication
- Ability to multi-task throughout the day
Physical Demands: The physical demands of this position involve normal sitting, standing, stretching and use of a computer keyboard for data entry. Lifting requirements are minimal, involving no more than 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment is a normal office environment with a low to moderate noise level.
Employee Acknowledgement & Understanding: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and general content for this job classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all duties and responsibilities. It does not restrict the regular assignment to the job of other related duties and responsibilities. Additionally, special duties may be assigned from time to time.
Since all employment at evolve Mortgage Services is at the mutual consent of the employee and Evolve Mortgage Services, nothing stated in this job description shall alter, or be interpreted to alter, the at-will nature of the employment relationship.
The employee and supervisor identified below certify that the employee is qualified to perform the duties and responsibilities associated with the job classification and the specific position at Evolve Mortgage Services to which the employee is being assigned. The employee and supervisor acknowledge that qualification requirements for this position have been met, including any licenses and certifications.