Posted 12 months ago
Job Location: N/A
Job Number: 0000541
A SYSTEMS ANALYST USES COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS TO DESIGN NEW IT SOLUTIONS, MODIFY, ENHANCE OR ADAPT EXISTING SYSTEMS AND INTEGRATE NEW FEATURES OR IMPROVEMENTS, ALL WITH THE AIM OF IMPROVING BUSINESS EFFICIENCY AND PRODUCTIVITY.
SAS SHOULD POSSESS A GOOD LEVEL OF TECHNICAL EXPERTISE AND CLEAR INSIGHTS INTO CURRENT BUSINESS PRACTICES. SUPPORTING BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CLIENTS AS WELL AS COLLABORATING WITH SEVERAL INTERNAL TECHNOLOGY GROUPS/ROLES TO DELIVER TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS IN AN AGILE ENVIRONMENT.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Work activities will sometimes depend on the size and nature of the client and will focus of clients’ business demands, but typically involve:
- Liaising extensively with external or internal clients.
- Analyzing existing systems and business models.
- Mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems.
- Understanding software development lifecycle; Agil/JIRA/Kanban.
- Translating client requirements into highly specified project briefs/technical requirements.
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
- Conducting requirements analysis and preparing specific proposals for modified or new solutions.
- Collaborating with several groups for the development of solutions and related products.
- Presenting design mock-ups/proposals to clients and internal management teams.
- Drawing up, executing, documenting testing schedule/results for complete solution/implementation.
- Overseeing implementation of a new system including data migration when necessary.
- Supporting users on systems issues, configurations, change control and system updates.
- Providing training and user manuals to users of a new solutions.
- Ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met.
- Planning and working flexibly to deadlines.
- Working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and/or work experience.
- 1+ years direct work experience as an Analyst in the areas of Technology or Mortgage; Help Desk Analyst, Operations Analyst, Business Analyst or Systems / Solutions Analyst.
- Software Design, Software Documentation, Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Analyzing Information, Teamwork, Software Maintenance, Written Communication, Promoting Process Improvement.
- Basic familiarity with SQL management software, such as MS SQL Server or MySQL; queries, tables and Stored Procedures.
- Competent and proficient understanding of business solutions, such as Document Management, CRMs, Business Web Technology etc.
- Can work independently, collaboratively and self-motivated working in a virtual environment.
- Proficient with MS Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Visio & MS SQL.
- Able to envision new solutions from very little business requirement details and create technical design mock-ups using a variety of tools (Visio, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Understanding and proficiency in solution testing through the various test phases: Stage, UAT and Production Validation Testing.
- Understanding of the Mortgage, Financial Services or Real Estate industry.
- Understanding of Agile/Rapid Development Methodology.
Physical Demands: The physical demands of this position involve normal sitting, standing, stretching and use of a computer keyboard for data entry. Lifting requirements are minimal, involving no more than 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment is a normal office environment with a low to moderate noise level.